Monday, March 21, 2011

La Fiesta:

So an new post has been forthcoming... for awhile now. Trouble is that Jaclyn and I have plenty of new adventures to post (we have a list actually) but we wanted to blog about them together. Sitting down and having the time to blog with 7 kids running around the house is a joke. It's pretty much not going to happen. Unless Trent and Craig care to watch the kidlets for us!! (wink, wink)

So, I will choose the least exciting yet still highly entertaining thing to post. Last time I spoke about the Bromance. This time, I'm on to the Girls Night. Since we are WILD MORMONS... our girls night out consisted of the Blackfoot 5th Ward Relief Society Birthday Dinner. I know, I know... scandalous! So there Jaclyn and I sit at a table... all by our lonesomes... directly underneath a pinata in the shape of a person. Which reminds me of Napolean when the principal tells Pedro this;

"Look, Pedro, I don't know how they do things down in Juarez, but here in Idaho we have a little something called pride. Understand? Smashing in the face of a pinata that resembles Summer Wheatley is a disgrace to you, me, and the entire Gem State."

Which in turns makes me strangely hungry for tater tots. (sigh)

So, we sat underneath the pinata... and eventually had to move the table because they had a stick to smash in its face and everything. What kind of relief society party is this?? Jaclyn was the lucky girl chosen to go first and I tried my hardest to work her dumb phone to get a picture... but no. I'm a technological idiot. Some of the older ladies (there are lots in our ward) refused to move so Jax almost smacked one in the back of the head with the stick. I was laughing so hard because the Bishop was standing over by his wife and she was saying "Shawn, Do something! They are going to hit that lady!" and the Bishop said something to the extent of, "this will be the first and last time a pinata gets to be at the RS party." and the RS President announced to everyone that the pinata represented "Molly Mormon" and we got to beat her with a stick! I went next. I knocked her leg off. Eventually the candy spilt out and while I would like to say that all the old ladies rushed in and pushed each other out of the way to reach the candy... it would be a lie. We all just sat there staring, appalled as nothing but the head of poor Molly remained as candy was strewn about the floor. *crickets chirping*

So, as you can see... what was intended for a calm, spiritual night out... turned into a bit more than what was anticipated. I am beginnign to think people are creating these spectacular events just to end up on our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Wild Mormonany Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones