Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Curse

I have a dating curse... a black cloud of inopportune moments that is continually over my head.  I fear for those who date me. Let me just share a couple of stories so you can get a feel for what I mean. I went to the movies the other night. All was going fabulously well. I was wearing the classic Mormon tank top with layered shirts underneath to maintain modesty. We got a couple of giant sodas and a large popcorn and made the way to our seats. As we sit and watch the previews, I take a sip of my soda. A bit drips on my shirt. I casually laugh it off and carry on. No big deal. More casual banter ensues. I take yet another sip of soda, to my dismay, the soda proceeds to pour down in between my mediocre cleavage leaving my layers of clothing COMPLETELY drenched!  As in, even my bra was soaking with Dr. Pepper. I started laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. Not that anyone would notice. I could just blame it on the soda. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't possibly sit through a two hour movie immersed in soda. My poor date, he was a gentleman and offered to take me home (30 minute drive) or maybe stop at a store and buy a new t-shirt... but we were already at the movies. The tickets had already been purchased. They aren't cheap you know. and the movie... was about to start. No. These options would not suffice. So my date gingerly offered his jacket and off I went to the restroom. There I changed into nothing but the jacket- took the top layer tank top to the hand dryer and stood there drying it off- giggling the whole time. Once that was sufficiently dry I went back into my stall, threw on the tank top, put on my dates jacket and zipped it up. I wadded my wet clothes into a paper towel and shoved it into my purse. The worst part about the entire evening... the movie was lame.

Next date- same guy. I managed to break out a light bulb while playing pool. All I know is that I hit a couple of balls into the holes and lifted my sticky thing and accidentally bumped the light that was hovering over the table. Next thing I know there is a light bulb EXPLODING on the table and I am once again laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt.

The reason I tell you this now... is because the curse has not lifted. Last weekend I took my random guy #36 with me down to Utah. He got to meet my parents. (scary) I dropped 3/4 of my kids to an ex and we got to go live it up in Mormonville. 

I had big plans for our weekend escapade. We were to hop the frontrunner in Ogden and head to downtown SLC... and we did just that.
Here we are just moments after parking the car in downtown Ogden.
Trent is random guy #36. You may recognize him from Jaclynn's wild birthday party!









Mister Eli came with us. His Dad lives in VA so he gets to hang out with me most of the time. He LOVES riding the train and that picture is just priceless!


Once arriving in SLC- our first stop was to hit up the Church History Museum. Most of the galleries were under renovation (sadness) so we spent the majority of our time in the kid section. Lucky for us-- we have kid hearts-- and the Sister Missionaries were kind enough not to kick us out. 

 
I asked Trent how he knew where he was steering that ship. He said he had connections. I am assuming he was referring to Nephi and that handy GPS that he has known as the Liahona. I told Trent that we may need that to get around town later... sadly Nephi wouldn't hand it over. Something about it only working for the righteous. Hmmph. 
 Trent didn't care though.
Should I even mention how many little kids we had to push away to get this picture?
After that we enjoyed a leisure stroll by the reflection pond and had a quaint lunch at the Lion House. 


 I would like to say that our day ended happily right there... but as I am sure you recall. I am cursed. 

We hopped the train back home and as it was pulling to a stop I start rummaging through my purse to find my keys. I can't find them. Oh crap!! 
So we go to the car... hoping that perhaps they are there. AND they are. In the ignition! I grab the door handle and TADA... it's open. Thank heavens!! And then Trent says to me... "Is the car running?"  Um... yeah. I left my car RUNNING for 5 hours! I don't know whether to feel grateful that it wasn't stolen or offended that it wasn't good enough. So, we jump in and off we go... cept that I left Eli's boots on the roof of the car. Seriously?? I'm ridiculous!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Wild Mormonany Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones