Saturday, February 19, 2011

Line Dancing.... on a whole new level.

Remember line dancing? I learned it in Jr. High. We learned several different line dances. One to "Fishing in the Dark" and another to "Elvira" where we all danced in a big circle.

The singles dances are known for line dances. Very similar to Jr. High... but older. Much much older.
Last night was no exception and I will not deny that I found even myself doing the two step shuffle hand over head lasso move! ~ What can I say? I make it look good.

But the most UNUSUAL thing happened at the dance last night. I don't know what song it was or how it came to pass... but the singles in the room united for a moment to create a room twirling experience that will not soon be forgotten. They linked arms- in twos, threes and nines and trapsied around the room in a counter-clockwise formation. Like a flock of birds circling before they land. It was the most epic form of line dancing I have EVER witnessed.

AND THEN~ I saw... A lone duck. Dancing in the middle of the room with such skill, such form, and such confidence. I gawked, I stared, I may have even pointed ( I swear I didn't mean too) and then I laughed. I laughed until my sides hurt. I wasn't laughing just at this poor guy.... but rather the situation. Is this truly what we have all been reduced too? Surely there must be something more to singles life than this!

I only wish I could have gotten pictures of this. But alas, a dimly lit room with nothing but an occasional strand of Christmas lights doesn't make for the most prime photo opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Wild Mormonany Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones