Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Story...


This... is me, Jen. I am a 32 yr. old twice divorced (yes, twice) single mom of 4 kidlets. My life is NOTHING what I imagined it would be by this point but I do not have pity parties about the past. Let's break this down shall we.

I married at the young age of 19. I was attending Ricks College. The Mormon College now known as BYU-Idaho. I had a missionary out that I had just very recently sent a Dear John too when I met my future husband. We were married in the Idaho Falls temple. Sounds like a pretty picture perfect typical Mormon romace right? Well... it didn't stay that way. After 7 yrs. of marriage I found myself  3 months pregnant with our third child and alone. I won't go into the gory details but I will tell you that Divorce is not fun! I have never cried so much in my entire life. I would go through the motions of the day. Put a smile on my face for my kids and once they were in bed I would just cry myself into an exhausted sleep. Fortunately for me, I had Heavenly Father's help and eventually I learned to turn some of the burden and heartache over to him.

Once the divorce was final it was time to step out into the single realm. I didn't know what to expect. I had been living my fantasy of being a stay-at-home mom and wifey pooh. and HOW, I ask, was I going to date with a newborn baby! So I turned to the internet which seemed like a very safe option. HOLY MOLEY~ First off... let me explain that I was not healthy yet after the dissolution of my first marriage. I have very strict rules about this now that I will explain later. So, I met and went on a few dates with people I met online. These dates were, ahem, interesting. Eventually, okay... so rather quickly really. I married a guy from online. We had talked to each other for several months and spent ONE whole week together and got married. I can hear your GASPING. I know. I am still in shock myself that I ever did this. I am not an impulsive person. It took me 3 months to pick out my couch! Needless to say... THAT didn't work out. Although I did try for 3 years and added another member to our family. Kidlet numero 4.

My wise choices have brought me here. I have now been divorced for a year in January. During this time I have gotten myself back emotionally, I have forgiven others for hurting me, and I have forgiven myself for being an idiot. It's time to move on. I gave myself a deadline. I wouldn't date until I had been divorced for a year. I sluffed a bit towards the end... but for the most part, I kept that promise to myself entact. I have, however, gone to an awful lot of singles activities. I have met some wonderful people and some really creepy creepertons! I have had stalkers and crazies. I have plethoras of stories to tell. Which is why I am here. This is the Mormon dating world. So hang onto your knickers kids and be advised that there may be beverages shooting out of your nose if you do not proceed with caution!!

1 comment:

  1. I know it hasn't been easy for you. I'm proud of you that you keep trying and are working so hard at being a great mom to your kids.

    I think this a great blog--but sorry that it has come at the expense of so much loss and pain.

    Hugs to you--Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Wild Mormonany Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones